Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Long awaited words from Greg

[yeah, I'm not as much of a writer as certain other writers on this blog. Of course, I'm also not preparing for a lifetime of legalese. :)]

Okay, for those of you who don't frequent the blog or are computer neophytes (you know who you are Dad!), you may not have noticed Taryn turned back the clocks and posted some blog entries IN THE PAST!

It's a little unorthodox, but if you look down you'll see the entries for our trip across Canada. In fact, I'd suggest you start at the August entries (accessible from the "History" links on the bottom right of the page).

Not much of note to talk about at the moment. We're busy with work/school and still couchless. I've been biking to work most of the time a distance of about 9km, which takes me 25 minutes there and 18 minutes back. Halifax is HILLY!

Post-Tropical Storm Ophelia (what an awful title) was a non-event, and ended up traveling inland away from Halifax. The predicted 80-100mm of rain ended up being about 20. Oh well, our stockpile of Kraft Dinner will just have to be eaten I guess. :)

Also, I hear that my brother has just finished his demo reel... I'll put it online and post a link to it soon. It's really awesome! If anyone is needing a computer animator, I've got the guy for you!

Today's Halifact: The maritimes are owned by pretty much 2 families: The Irvings and the McCains. One is into potatoes, and the other is into pretty much everything else. Irving gas stations are EVERYWHERE, but they do have the cleanest and coziest washrooms bar none. I may not buy gas from them, but I've visited my share. :)

3 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it's about darned time we saw a little greg content on the site. when're we going to get the gps track of your home->work bike trip, as well as the associated elevation profile? we've gotta track your every movement by sat photo you know :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger grisha said...

Fine Reid... um, er I mean Anonymous.

I did a GPS run today and it tells me a slightly different story.
To work: 8.07km, max speed 50km, moving average 20.2km, total ascent 114m.

I'll post my return info when I get home.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that East Coast Lobsters can't live/function very well in Pacific waters , but apparently according the litany of activities that have highly detailed in this forum, West Coast Lobsters are indeed thriving in Atlantic Cnanada ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home