Monday, March 20, 2006

Still chilly...




Yup, it's the first day of spring but the Shubenacadie canal, as you can see, remains solid. Fortunately for the cold ducks, there were plenty of people to feed them.

Taryn and I took a walk there yesterday after she finished her first (and lets hope, only!) weekend take home exam. Ugh. I am very glad to not be a lawyer in training!

However, it sounds like I am soon to be once again a nerd-in-training, as I was just accepted into Dalhousie for a MSC in Computer Science! I start in September and already I'm being preened to be the lab AV geek by Ritchie, the current lab AV geek in residence.

Anyways, I have started into a baking + cooking frenzy, and I think I will start blogging about my creations over on my oft-forgotten (by me!) blog. Hey, when you work at home it's no big deal to watch over some dough rising for an hour or three.

And speaking of culinary creativity, Ritchie has started a new blog where he and I scour Halifax for the best fish and chips in town. That's right. THE BEST. So far, we're far from our goal, but you never know what we might find. You can read about it every friday on bish-n-batter.

And thats it for now! For more frozen water craziness (from a few weeks ago), check this out: http://www.smolyn.org/gallery2/v/grisha/LifeInTheMaritimes/DollarLake2006/

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brou ha ha ha. cue the ramen noodles!

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the MSc acceptance, greg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home