Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Roughin' it Halifax style

I'm in the middle of the exam time crunch, Greg has gone to Vancouver for a week for work, and the power went out for a bit last night. Resourceful girl that I am, I studied by headlamp and candle lantern and hoped I had enough battery power on my laptop to go the distance. The things I do for school.

All my exams will be done in about 3 weeks and I am really looking forward to the summer. So far I don't have any employment lined up, but I have some leads, so fingers crossed. I also was just elected secretary/treasurer to the Dalhousie Environmentall Law Students Society. That means I have access to the society bank account. Anyone want to go shopping? Just kidding!

Apparently as soon as Greg left for Vancouver, spring arrived here in Halifax. It's a balmy 12 degrees out now and apparently getting hotter. I feel strange outside without my toque, but I'll adjust.

I'd also like to let you know that I've got a secondary blog now. I've been doing reviews of everything I read over on I Read Too Much. Check it out if you are interested.

Today's Halifact: Halifax has the world's second largest natural harbour (sorry, I don't know who is first). We like to celebrate that here in Halifax by dumping raw sewage into it. Yummy. However, there is a major engineering project going on right now to build a treatment plant and piping to it. Of course the treatment plant is going in the poorest neighbourhood in town. I guess you can never win.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh- finals...

is that klar?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

You bet! Canadian Tort Law by Linden and Klar... or as my eccentric (read old and crazy) prof calls it "Your Cranberry Book". She calls our casebook supplements the "grey", "blue" and "red" books. Fun times.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got the same one- who would've thunk? i'm actually supplementing my torts-life with two other books right now. i'm really not a fan.

i hear klar (his own book, not the cranberry lovefest) is actually a lot better as well, but who has time?

exam prep = much hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home